About Me

My photo
An overthinker deprived from the state of California, writing to the youth of America in hopes of her return.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Change

Change is sometimes good for you. It can help you get over an ex, get better grades, meet new and interesting people, and many more things.
I never thought I liked change in middle school. I cried on the first day of 6th grade because I didnt want to be in middle school. But now as a nearly 15-year-old freshmen on the newspaper staff I realize I love being sponteanous and not knowing what to expect. It's 21 types of amazing. :)
In eighth grade I would've never guessed who or what I would be a year later. It scares and excites me both. I love to know I'm going to be an uber awesome person one day, who maybe possibly will work for the LA times, but I also am afraid I'm losing who I am as I grow up. And there is nothing more terrifying in my opinion than that.
I want to wake up and be content being me. Not that "Bri", SKD wants. I don't want to talk more, and tone down my outfits to please anyone but myself. I don't want to try not to laugh too loud or eat more to impress mean girls. Hell No. I wanna be Bri.
And right now Bri is the nearly 15-year-old who is obsessed with the color purple and the Eiffel Tower. Who still stays up until midnight and brags about it. The girl who watches cartoons and is mesmerized by them.
The girl who works on the newspaper staff as a rookie but doesnt even care. Just the fact she gets to write makes her happy. The girl who is hilariously short and gets teased for it.
I love who I am right now. And I did back in 6th grade too. I'm just hoping when I turn 18 and move out for college, I'll still be like how I am today.
Bri; the girl with a huge ambiton to write.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment